Sunday, October 19, 2008

Bags bobbled; but brought home the Blue!




There are days that being a dad is hard.  Today was easy.  I watched as Izzi prepared for her big day at the barn.  They had a costume horse and rider dress up day and riding competition.   She won both events.  Then she and Ripley bobbed for apples; very cute.  As the riding portion began,  she was the first rider out and did great.  I watched and couldn't believe how fast she was going and jumping on this horse.  I mean, when did she have a chance to learn how to do this I thought to myself.  Anyway after 30 minutes or so it was announced that she came in first place and received the coveted blue ribbon.  I was so proud of her, not because she won or because she looked super cool in her costume but because she didn't let fear or nervousness get the best of her.  She stepped up and got'r done.

2 comments:

Solomon Ray said...

That costume is sugokuii!

Jake Bramante said...

That's freakin' awesome!!! I love how both of your kids are so different and you guys let them just be themselves and give them an opportunity to rock in their areas of interest. Sweet!!